Setting-up a WordPress Website/Blog
There are various options available to you for establishing an Internet presence. The one I’m recommending, as a low cost option is a self hosted WordPress Blog. True, there is the cost of acquiring a domain name as well as the cost of the hosting, but the price of these requirements have come down to where it will not strain your budget.
Many people are just not that familiar with what a Blog can do for them or even know what a Blog is. Without getting into too many details, a Blog is simply a website that is constantly changing by the materials/content you post to your Blog on a regular basis. So a Blog in essence is a dynamic website whereas most websites are static and change infrequently.
- I’ll help you find a theme for your Blog that gives a look and feel that speaks to the product(s) and/or service(s) that you are promoting.
- I will load and format the website portion of your Blog, up to 5 pages of text, graphics, audio and video provided by you that represents your product(s) and/or service(s).
- I will set up your WordPress site using the best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Plugins so your Google ratings will get you found quickly.
- I will then go through some hands on training on the mechanics of creating posts as well as creating and modifying pages of your website.
- I offer phone support for any technical questions as well as fee based support if you’d rather have me make modifications to your website.
- As an additional service, I also create custom one page websites often referred to as sales/pitch pages to help you target a product, service or campaign.
- And finally, there is an option to have your website on a monthly maintenance program tailored and priced for your specific needs and wants.
We can get started with a free consultation to see if this is an option that will work for you. If you decide that a Web presence is for you, I charge a modest one-time fee of $197 for this service for most of the websites I create. This includes up to ten hours of my time to set up your website and to train you on how you can easily maintain the site yourself. Any additional website work that you’d like me to perform like creating a custom banner can be done on an hourly basis.
You can take a look at some websites/Blogs that I’ve done recently to get a feel for the possibilities. The links are in the sidebar to the left.
You can reach me at mailto:email@example.com