Here are my top ten winning sales tips for women in business. This practical list will help you focus on making the sales experience a win-win for everyone involved. If you have a fear of selling, these tips will also offer suggestions for becoming more comfortable offering your product or service.
1. Be knowledgeable about what you are offering. Learn as much as you can about the service or product that you are offering. With knowledge comes self-assuredness and self-confidence. Ideally, you should be able to summarize your product and its benefits in about thirty seconds.
2. Give value. Every time you pick up the phone, meet with a prospect or attend a networking function, you should be providing something of value. For example, value can be in the form of how to or an update about your product or industry or an actual sample.
3. Be prepared for your sales meetings and presentations. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than meeting with someone and they can’t find their notes, business cards or the information they came to share.
4. Professionalism can make or break a deal. Act, sound and look the part of a professional. If a prospective buyer is going to spend their money with you, they want to know you, like you and trust you as a professional who has their best interest at heart.
5. Deliver more than you promise. Talk is cheap. It’s in the delivery of the service or product that will build trust and loyalty with your client/customer. Great customer service builds great customer loyalty.
6. Keep in contact with past customers. Once a customer has purchased from you, they are golden. Treat them with respect and dignity and keep them in the loop. The next time they are ready to buy, you want them to call you. Develop a customer newsletter or email update so they know what’s new within your industry.
7. Be on the look out for vendor opportunities. If you can show your products at a trade fair, show or networking event attended by your target market, it could turn out to be a valuable marketing opportunity for you. Remember, it has to be worth your time, energy and money – as a businesswoman, there needs to be a potential moneymaking return on investment.
8. Believe in yourself and your product. Belief leads to enthusiasm and enthusiasm can add up to more sales and happy satisfied customers.
9. Ask questions. Ask questions so you can learn what your customer truly wants. Then, sit quietly and listen to the answers. It’s not about what you want, it’s about what your customer wants and needs.
10. Meet new people. Rule of thumb: Make at least twenty new contacts a day. Social media, networking, phone calls and referrals should all be part of your daily marketing campaign.
Sales are not as difficult or frightening as you may think. It does though take a consistent plan of action. Incorporate these ten tips and you’ll have a workable system for sales success.
©Copyright 2011-2016 SharonMichaels.com – All Rights Reserved
I invite you to stop by and check out my Author page on Amazon.com – learn more about my Amazon paperback and Kindle books
Sharon Michaels Amazon.com Author page
Including my books for women in network marketing:
31 Days to Growing Your Network Marketing Business and
Asking the Right Questions for Sponsoring Success
I’m Sharon Michaels and I teach you how to do business successfully. http://SharonMichaels.com